Friday, March 2, 2018

Their Story; Orkid.

Picture from www.orcahome.de

     My name is Orkid, I was born in Seaworld San Diego, September of 1988. My parents are Kandu 5 and Orky 2, and I am the oldest captive-born orca. I was named after my das Orky who died just a few days after I was born. 

     In 1989 when I was only 11 months old, my mom was involved in a fatal accident with Corky 2. My mom attacked Corky and crashed into a wall, she died of hemorrhaging. Corky became my adopted mother and we are still together to this day and very close. 

     I love making new friends, and I get along with most everyone around me. I had a very close relationship with Kasatka for a while, I'm also close with Keet, Shouka and Ikaika. I used to have issues with Ulises in the past but we get along okay now. I've mated with lots of guys but I've never gotten pregnant. 

     I have had some pretty bad incidents with my trainers, I have been involved in 17 of 87 attacks on them. In 2002, Splash and I attacked a trainer named Tamarie. In 2006 I attacked another trainer attempting to do a sonogram. I've also dragged trainers underwater and wasn't allowed to perform in waterworks shows after that. As of lately, no one has reported much on me, I'm still in my tank in San Diego, performing every day with my best friend Nakai.

No comments:

Post a Comment